Feeding your artistic soul

I've been so out of sync with my artist side the past month. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't able to relax or be happy. Of course the pressures of daily life can be part of it, but they're always there, then I realized I've been showing everyone else how to do art and forgot to do my own. With a to-do list a mile long, I sat at the breakfast table, picked up a pencil and a sheet of sketch paper,then began drawing. An hour and a half later the to-do list was still not started, I had the energy to face it. I had forgotten the importance of feeding my soul. My soul needs to be nourished, it's not a hobby, it's a true force within that requires fulfillment or the rest of my life becomes flat. When I'm not fulfilled the people around me suffer too. Now when I look out at the world I see can see the light again.

1 comment:

moongipsies said...

gorgeous. Simply stunning.