Fairies Fly About in the Day



Fairies Fly About in the Day Mixed media necklace.  I used vintage seam bindings, antique lace and tatting, old bells, buttons and beads. A slice of wood with a collaged picture and a tag made with many layers of papers,ephemera, then sealed and tipped with gold paint. A pewter pendent with a Celtic symbol for protection is sewn into the mix. The closure is a giant vintage button with a loop to hold it securely. Glass beads are strung throughout the length.

Interesting note about the necklace: Farmgirlrocks, found on etsy, made some of beads, they look like giant turquoise nuggets. She used potatoes that she dehydrated, then sanded, painted and sealed. The funniest things I ever saw in a bead, BUT! they're fabulous. I love the colors and texture. They add such a new and different dimension to this piece. When I find interesting items
 to include in my jewelry it's like finding a treasure. Farmgirlrocks 




No comments: