Beatrice


WOW!  I had some food at a shower a few weeks ago and it was delicious!!  Then the next night I thought I was going to die.  Several of us got a dose of food poisoning and mine lasted over two weeks.  The upside is I'm down 5 pounds!!  Every little bit helps!!  I can't believe how sick we got.  When I'm cooking I'm like a crazy germ freak so getting poisoned isn't even something I think about.  Probably with all the travel   to get to the party something went wrong.  Now I'm going to be in hand wash over time!!  Two weeks with no internet, no art work, just bed.  It's like I lost a part of my life. 
Anyhow, here's a new necklace I finally got done. 
Beatrice is simply an assemblage of wonderful elements.  A large metal plate layered with papers and text, coated several times with a clear varnish.  Old hinge with a panic button dangle, vintage pocket watch face with an old bee with a ruby red crystal on his back.  Clay beads and pewter swirls, small black Japanese beads and a toggle clasp.  A nice big bold chunky necklace.  I love a great focal piece for a simple outfit.  This is it!  Measures:  chain has a 25 inch drop, with a 3 x 4 inch big bee pendant.   available for purchase at http://www.pinkflamingo61.etsy.com


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful necklace. Glad you are feeling better; I hear food poisoning can really be bad.

Gina@ A bit of whimsy! said...

OMG! That is awful. I had it for 2 days once but 2 weeks? I am so glad you are better. Love the necklace.

Unknown said...

yuck... no fun..

we love your blog.....
out visiting..

& your unique work...
mona & the girls

Artist Victoria O'Neill said...

i love that necklace so much. sorry you were sick....sounds awful but sure makes you appreciate being healthy.....

Audra, Green Meadow Lane said...

Oooogh! I feel for you! I just got over the flu that I had for almost 3 weeks (down 11 lbs!). There's always a silver lining, righ? tee...hee! La'love the necklace! Very nice!
Hugs,
Audra