Viva Las Vegas Blog Hop!

I used a Viva Las Vegas stamp to do this picture. It's from plate number 1399 The individual stamp is called Bird Head. The images on this plate are from my doddles-how exciting is that? Viva Las Vegas has a whole section of my stamps in their online shop.
I used watercolor pencils and a wet paint brush. Then I sprayed watercolor paint from a squirt bottle over the picture. I use the travel sized hairspray bottles, recycled into paint bombs! Just put a glob of color into the bottle, add water, shake well and spray. I always spray a scrap paper first so I can gauge how it lands. A cool product to spray over the picture is Stewart Superior - Memories Mists - Iridescent Overlay Iridescent Overlay.
Thanks for visiting my blog-you can follow by clicking on the follow button on the side of the blog. xoxo Mary Please stop by my shop and view my original artwork and prints. There's a large selection of stamps available there and some handmade, artisan jewelry, many in the Steampunk style. My supply shop is full of parts for making your own altered art. Leave a comment to let me know you were here!!! WOOT!

17 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

I just love your stamps!

Sheri said...

Very cool! I love the stamps! :)

by belle said...

Fantastc project and FANTASTIC stamps!!

Terry Pugh said...

Beautiful stamp!

Blessings, Terry

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Mary - your stamps are a cast of fabulous characters that come to life when you apply ink. Each have their own personality and flair. Been having so much fun with all three plates. Hope you have a Happy Memorial Day weekend!

Viki Banaszak said...

That is beautiful! I am falling in love with your stamp designs all over again.

Lyneen said...

Love your use of the watercolor pencils... I love your stamps... thanks for sharing your wonderful art!

Cheryl LIndsay said...

You have helped me come out of my comfort zone and try some fun whimsical designs...am already given a few cards out, and they were so well recieved...
You Go Girl


Another FAN!!

Carly said...

wow! so much gorgeous colour ... in an image that is totally gorgeous!

xoxox Carly

VicR said...

The coloring for your 'Bird Head' is Gorgeous!
I don't have any of your stamps yet, Mary, but this blog hop has made me see them in a whole new light.
I had a few of the images on my 'wish list', but I'm heading back to VLVS store to add some more, and know I will just have to be buying some of these.
I especially LOVE the Cool 'circus'-themed stamps :)

Barbara Rankin said...

Oh, Mary. I love your Bird Head stamp. I also love how you colored the image with watercolors and sprays. I love all of your stamp images. I have been having so much fun with the one plate of images I own, and choosing just one was very difficult. So, I plan to get them all eventually. :)

Proxxon Tools said...

love stewart superior products too

Vicki said...

The colors are amazing!I just love your images-can't wait to order some!

Katherine Clayton said...

LOVE your stamps . . . and love your project!!!

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Wow..absolutely gorgeous..loving all the fabulous color..sooooo very pretty

Squiddy said...

So many ideas, so few hours to play!! Inspirational characters I love playing with :-)

DeeDee Catron said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!