Art Supplies and Vacations

 Going on vacation is fun and excititng.  What to pack, getting everything done…etc.  None of the normal things worry me.


 I stress over art supplies.  Will I have the right things with me, will I have enough, am I packing too much.   I stress over art supplies.  Will I have the right things with me, will I have enough, am I packing too much.  







What project am I going to work on…..and the racing thoughts continue.  Yup, I'm a little obsessed.  This trip I decided not to take a luggage full of supplies and one outfit to wear.  I packed about twenty markers and a book of paper.  It's wonderful.  Not heavy and I had something for the plane, riding on buses, in the room at night and moments in between.  I did two pictures this week, both need to be finished when I get home-I didn't bring enough markers! but wasn't upset!  I just started another picture and know I'll finish them up next week. The perfect project for me.  I've been traveling my entire life and this was the best project I ever did on vacation.  Small, light and fun.  Perfect.  After this I won't be traveling with a heavy bag full of ten projects for just in case moments!  I should have thought of this thirty years ago!

3 comments:

Michele Lynch Art said...

Your artwork is wonderful!!! I don't think I've seen your drawings before, they are really cool!! Michele

Unknown said...

Thanks Michele. I actually always think of myself as an artist first but online I do jewelry and right now that's paying the bills! Thanks!

LeslieRahye said...

I think your time was well-spent! Love your art!
I'm awarding you the "Stylish Blogger Award." You can pick up your badge and blog if forward here: http://leslierahye.blogspot.com/2011/01/award-id-like-to-thank.html