Steampunk Bee Brooch

Just finished this brooch.  My friend gave me a blank of her slumped glass which I used under the bee.  The glass is beautiful.  She layers different colors with foils and stamped images giving the final piece strong feeling of  depth and sparkle.  The CLIMAX tag at the top is from the late 1800's, it's a tin tobacco tag, used with the tobacco plugs as the label. This brand always gives me a giggle and shows up in several of my designs.  Mixing antique, vintage and new is my favorite blend, I've been collecting little pieces of whatever for so long I have quite a stash to pull from.  I'm an obsessive gather-er and assemble-er!

2 comments:

CEDAR JUNCTION said...

I always thought the "Big O" was something else, but according to the commercials, it's Overstock.com. LOL

Love your bee brooch!

Have a wonderful Christmas,
Teresa

Unknown said...

Haahaa-